神秘内容 Loading...
(来源:专业英语学习网站 http://www.EnglishCN.com)
Was last year cruel or kind to you, professionally speaking? Even if your career didn't take a hit, the tumult of the last few months may have you quaking in your boots over the future.
职业方面,过去的一年对你来说是好是坏呢? 即使你的职业没有受到损害,过去几个月的波动也许让你对未来“双腿发软”了吧。
Career coach Deborah Brown-Volkman reminds fearful workers, "Your career is long! Some people work for 40, 50, or 60 years. Don't get stuck in the here and now when what is happening at this moment is just a small span in a long career. Instead, create a vision to help you move forward."
职业生涯教练Deborah Brown-Volkman提醒害怕的人们“你的职业生涯还长着呢!有些人会工作40、50或60年。人生漫漫,今天所发生的情况仅仅是一小段,不要因此而困扰。相反,建立一个目标来帮助自己前进吧”。
Claim What You Want...
说出自己想要的...
Deciding what you want to do doesn't happen overnight, but the process can be simple. All of life's journeys begin with the phrase, 'I want... .' It's a very powerful phrase, and without it, it's hard to go very far. The career coach likens your professional journey to a trip, revealing that if you didn't decide where you wanted to go on vacation, you'd likely wind up at a destination you don't enjoy.
决定自己想要什么不会一夜之间就想明白,但是这个过程其实可以很简单。一切探索从‘我想..’开始,这是一个非常有力的句子,没有它,就很难深入。职业生涯教练将你的职业生涯比喻成一次旅程,如果你从没有决定去哪里度假,那么你的目的地就会是一个你不喜欢的地方。
...Or What You Don't Want
或者不想要的
It's hard to say what you want when you're not sure of it. The reason certain people can't answer that question is it that it's too overwhelming. But most folks can say what they DON'T want. They can say, 'I don't want to work for a large company,' or 'I don't want a lengthy commute.' The flip side of what you don't want is what you do want."
要让自己都不知道想要什么的人去说出自己的职业目标,这是很难的一件事。某些人回答不出这个问题的原因是职业目标的概念太大了。但是多数人都能说出自己不想要什么。他们会说:‘我不想为大企业工作’或‘我不想上班路途长’,那么不想要的反面就是你想要的了。
Fight the Fear...
克服恐惧
If creating a vision is so simple, why don't more people do it? Brown-Volkman reveals, "People are lost and afraid now, and they're scared to say what they want because they're afraid of not getting it. When it comes to vision, sometimes people won't even say what they want unless they know they will get there or how to get there. But you have to create what you want first and then live into it. It's like a declaration. It takes courage -- and a bit of faith."
如果说建立愿景是容易的事情,那么为什么多数人不去做呢?Brown-Volkman透露:“人们现在迷茫了、害怕了,他们害怕说出自己想要什么,因为担心自己得不到。说到愿景,有时候,除非一定能实现,否则人们都不愿意说出自己想要什么。但是你首先要创建一个你想要的目标,然后把它融入生活。这就像一次宣言。这需要勇气,还有一点点信念。”
Ask Yourself...
问自己
Are you ready to build a vision for your desired professional destination? Begin by getting it down on paper. If you write down your vision and look at it on a daily basis, it's more likely it will happen. Either consciously or subconsciously, you'll take steps to make it a reality. Start with the following 10 questions. Adds the New York-based career expert, "Don't forget to allow yourself to dream a little bit; it's OK to do that!
你准备好为了梦想的职业建立目标了吗? 把目标写在纸上。如果你把目标写下来,然后每天都看一看,它就可能实现。不论有意识地还是无意识地,你都会采取实现目标的步骤。
1. If anything were possible, what would I want to be different in my career?
如果一切皆为可能,我希望职业生涯有什么变化?
2. What type of job would I want?
我喜欢哪类工作?
3. What would I want to be responsible for?
我希望负责什么工作?
4. What type of boss/coworkers/team would I want?
我希望老板/同事/团队是什么样的?
5. What kind of hours would I want to work?
我希望什么时间工作?
6. What type of company would I want work for?
我希望为哪类公司工作?
7. What sort of culture would I want the company have?
我希望企业拥有什么样的企业文化?
8. What city would I want to live in?
我希望生活在哪座城市?
9. What salary would I want to earn?
我希望赚多少钱?
10. What would I want my approach to stress, my workload, and deadlines be?
我希望如何应对压力、工作量和工作截止时间?
Once you have a vision, start acting on it.You need momentum and action to move ahead this year!
一旦你有了目标,开始采取行动。你需要动力、行动就在今年,前进吧! |