神秘内容 Loading...
例:她一路上几乎什么都买了,不管是有用的还是没用的。我实在不知道她到底是怎么拎动她的手提箱的。 (来源:专业英语学习网站 http://www.EnglishCN.com)
13. to put a sock in it
13. 闭嘴、别再说了
Asking a noisy person or a group to be quiet or to shut up.
让吵吵嚷嚷的单个人或一群人闭嘴。
Example: Oh, dry up; put a sock in it.
例:噢,你快给我闭嘴!
14. to have a cast iron stomach
14. 铁打的胃,吃多少喝多少都没问题
A person who has a cast iron stomach is someone who has no problems with eating anything or drinking anything.
这个习语指的是一个人吃多少喝多少都没问题。
Example: I cannot eat this type of food because i don’t have a cast iron stomach.
例:我不能吃这个东西,我的胃可不是铁打的。
15. use your loaf
15. 动动脑子
If you tell someone to use their loaf, you are telling them in a slightly angry way that they should think more carefully about what they are doing.
你跟别人说这个习语,就是说用有点生气的口吻让别人做事多动动脑子。
Example: You haven’t even switched the thing on. Come on, Jamie, use your loaf!
例:你连开关都没看。天哪,杰米,长点脑子吧! |