神秘内容 Loading...
(来源:EnglishCN.com)
PLAYING DUMB
Stu:We all know about the success of the Fast and the Furious.大家或许早已耳闻《速度与激情》系列所取得的成功
After all the seventh movie is out now.该系列的第七部也在热映中
But today’s term is not fast and it’s not furious. In actual fact it’s Playing Dumb.但是今天要学习的词组和“速度”和“激情”都无关,今天我们要学习的是“Playing Dumb”(装疯作傻)
Ali:Ah. That’s the thing you do every week, right?啊,你说的是每周做节目时你的表现,是吗?
Stu:What are you talking about?你说什么?
Ali:Wait, wait. You are not pretending to be dumb? Oh, you are genuinely an idiot. Oh really?等下,你不是在装傻卖萌?哦,原来你是本色出演,不会吧?
Stu:Seriously, what are you talking about?说真的,你到底在说什么?
Ali:Okay, doesn’t matter. Nothing mate. All right, let’s talk about playing dumb.没事,没事。好了,我们还是来解释下这个词组吧
Stu:Okay well, people play dumb or pretend to be stupid sometimes when they want something,好吧,“Playing Dumb”指的是人们有时会通过装傻来获得想他们想要的东西或者别人的帮助
or they want someone or they want something from you.或者想从你身上得到某些好处等等
And sometimes people pretend to play dumb when they are trying to play a prank on someone else, such as this girl.有时候人们搞恶作剧的时也会“装疯卖傻”,就像这个女孩 |